It has been quite a haul since I last checked in with y’all. Here’s a quick breakdown for you:
- I turned in my final pages of the semester to my mentor. Spoiler alert: I passed with flying colors ^_^
- I am two shakes of a lamb’s tail away from finishing my reading course. Plot twist: I’m very ready to be done with it because while it was fun, this girl needs a breather
- I caught a cold a week and a half ago and am finally over it, voice finally restored to fully-accented volume. ‘Tis the season, indeed.
One of these days, I’ll share with you the chaos of trying to get all my pages and side assignments done in time. That was quite a time, but also for another.
I’ve taken a month off of writing, putting some much needed distance between me and my story. With that space, I feel I can breathe easier and come at my story with fresh energy and perspective.
My mentor wants new chapters out of me by next residency (which the fancy countdown in my sidebar informs me is a month away).
My goal for December:
- Reestablish a writing routine
- Experiment (once again) with goal-setting
- Write outside of my story some for funsies
Here’s a quick question for y’all:
If I were to start a Patreon, would y’all be interested? I’ve sketched out the potential tiers and made a list of pros and cons to whether I should and the pros are looking pretty good. The one variable I can’t control for is interest. *shrug*
In reading news
I finally get to read what I want for a while! Currently on my reading pile:
- Ice Wolves by Amie Kaufman (I’m 15 pages in and um, wow? SUCH a cool world idea so far!)
- Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend (YAS. I’ve been thirsting after the next book ever since I finished Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow)
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke (I’m a few chapters in but I’m holding my opinion for now)
- Airman by Eoin Colfer (This is a reread for me because it’s that good. This will be the third time reading for me. ALSO. Have you seen the teaser trailer for Artemis Fowl?! *squee*)